To collect your basic office information so that your practice is set up inside of the ePractice Manager platform.
Setting up HR Manager Access
Before you get started, you must set yourself up as the HR Manager for the practice. Please note that you are able to set up multiple people with HR Manager access.
1. On the left-hand side of the screen, scroll your cursor over "User Settings", and click on "Your Profile".
2. Scroll all the way down to the last section of your profile page, titled "User Enrolled Courses".
3. Click the box labeled "HR Manager".
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the profile page and click the blue "Update Profile" button to save your changes.
We have pre-populated your Employees page with placeholder data. This info is common to all ePM clients. The placeholder employee records are connected to examples throughout the HR setup, including leave policies and paid time off. Do not edit or delete any of the placeholder employee records until you have gone through the entire setup process, and read all five of the HR Basics articles.
Updating Your Company Contact Info
You should have received an email with your username and password for accessing your new ePM portal.
1. Log into your ePM portal. The URL will be formatted like this: https://epracticemanager.com/your-site-name
2. Once you are logged in, go to your site's Dashboard by clicking on your practice's name in the black navigation bar at the top of the page.
3. On the menu on the left-hand side of your Dashboard, point your mouse to "ePM - HR Settings", and then click "Company".
4. The company info is pre-populated with placeholder data. Click the "Edit" link next to the company name.
5. On the Company edit screen, change the placeholder information to represent your practice's name, address, and contact info.
You can also upload a company logo if you have one available. (optional)
6. To save your changes, you must click the blue "Update Company" button in the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen.
Uploading Your Company Logo
Click on the "Upload company photo" link. Click the "Upload Files" tab at the top of the window. Drag your logo into the window, or click the "Select Files" button to browse the available images on your computer. Once you have the logo image selected, click the "Set company logo" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the upload window.
To save your changes, be sure to click the blue "Update Company" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Updating your Company Settings
While in the Dashboard, under "ePM - HR Settings", click on "Settings". Once in this area you can make changes to various settings for your ePM HR module by selecting the General, Emails, and HR tabs at the top of the page.
1. General Options: Once on the General options page, select the following: your company start date, the month your fiscal year begins, your preferred date format, and your currency (USD by default). There is an option here to "Enable Debug Mode" - Please leave this option set to Off. After updating your preferences, make sure to click the blue "Save Changes" button.
2. Email Options: By default, we send emails from our webserver using your administrative email address. In most cases this will work for your practice. However, you can customize the look and feel of your emails through different edits, such as changes to the "From" name, email address, and the inclusion of footer text.
There are four notification emails sent out by the ePM HR module: (1) Employee Welcome, (2) New Leave Request, (3) Approved Leave Request, and (4) Rejected Leave Request. You can click the configure button to review, and make any necessary changes. Please review each of the above four emails and update your email signature to reflect the appropriate information for your office.
The four notification emails are templates, and will be automatically sent out when any of the above four actions occur. All "Template Tags" within the subject, heading, and body of the email template (to see please click "Configure" on one of the sample Notification Emails) will be auto-populated with the appropriate and matching data.
3. HR Options: This page allows you to set the schedule for your practice. This is very important as it is used to calculate working days for leave and personal time off requests. By default, Monday through Friday are all set as Full Days. Please make any necessary adjustments to each day of the week to represent the working days for your office.