To instruct you on how to add and edit employee records for your practice, remove placeholder/example data, and terminate employees in ePractice Manager.
We have pre-populated your Employees page with placeholder data. This info is common to all ePM clients. Please use these records to familiarize yourself with how the Employee records function, but DO NOT edit them. These placeholder employee records should be deleted, and you should create new records for each of your office staff. See section on Removing Placeholder/Example Employees for more information.
Viewing Your Employees
1. Start at the menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, scroll your mouse to "HR Management", and then click "Employees".
2. Click on an employee name to view his or her record.
- By default, the General Info tab of the employee record will be displayed. This is the basic contact, work, and education information.
- The Job tab is where you can view and update Employment Status, Compensation, and Job Information.
- The Leave tab shows all of the available leave time for that employee. The current year appears at the top of the page, and you can also access past year's leave requests.
- The Performance tab keeps track of the employee performance reviews, comments, and goals.
- The Permission tab is only visible to HR Managers and Site Administrators. This tab will allow you to grant HR Manager permissions to another employee.
Editing Your Employees
General Info Edits: While on the Employees overview page, scroll your mouse over an employee name. Options to "Edit" or "Delete" that employee will appear below the name. Clicking on "Edit" will open a pop-up window that will allow you to access and edit that employee's general info. Be sure to click the blue "Update Employee" button in the lower right-hand corner of that window to save your changes.
Job Tab Edits: To make changes to the employment status, rate of compensation, or job title, go to the Job tab of the employee record. There is an edit button for each section. Clicking that button opens a pop-up window that allows you to create a new entry. Be sure to click the blue "Update" button to save your changes.
Performance Tab Edits: On the Performance tab, you can add performance reviews, comments, and goals in the same manner. Click the "Add" button in the section where you want to add a new record, fill out the information in the pop-up window that appears, and click the blue "Update" button to save your record.
NOTE: If you accidentally create a record within the Performance Tab that contains errors, or needs to be removed, scrolling your mouse over that record will show a trash can icon. Click on the trash can icon to delete the record. The system will prompt you to make sure that you want to delete the record, and you must press OK to confirm your choice to delete the item.
Adding New Employees
1. From the Employees page, click the "Add New" button in the upper left-hand area.
2. This will open a pop-up window where you can enter the employee's General Info, employment status, Job title, supervisor, etc.
We recommend that you add the doctor(s) and managers first, so that these assignments can be made while creating the new employee record.
3. There are only a few required fields, all others can remain blank if you do not have all of the information available to fully complete the employee profile. These fields can always be edited later from the employee's profile.
NOTE: If there is a user in your office that needs access to ePM Help, Tech Support, and My ePractice Coach, then please submit a support ticket with your request and be sure to include the employee's name and email address. Once the ticket is received a site administrator will grant them access to these areas.
Removing Placeholder/Example Employees
NOTE: You should finish setting up PTO / Leave policies before deleting these example users.
Once you have created your own employee records, and no longer have a need for the example employee records, you should remove them from your Employees page.
1. Scroll your mouse over the name, and the options to "Edit" or "Delete" will appear.
2. Click on "Delete" and then the system will prompt you to confirm the deletion.
3. Click the "OK" button and the employee record will be deleted.
Please note that this is how to remove the placeholder/example records. With an actual employee, you will want to terminate the employment.
Terminating an Employee
Go to the employee record and click the "Terminate" button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. You will prompted for some information about the termination, such as: date, whether it was voluntary or involuntary, reason for termination, and if they are eligible for rehire. Click the blue "Terminate" button to complete the termination. You will retain the employee's history with your office, along with performance reviews, etc. for your records.