To gain an understanding of how courses are assigned to staff members.
Before you can assign users to a course, it is important that you have completed the set up of your practice. Please refer to ePM HR Basics to get all of your employees added to the system.
All staff must complete the Staff Orientation Course before moving on to any of the other courses. Once this introductory course has been completed they will be able to advance on to the other courses that you have assigned them.
To assign a course(s) to an employee, go to the employee's User Settings page (please note this is different from their ePM HR Record).
1. Start at the menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard. Scroll your mouse over "User Settings", and click "All Users".
2. Click on the employee's username, this will bring you to that employee's user profile page.
3. Near the bottom of the page, you will see a section titled: "User Enrolled Courses". The left-hand box in this section shows all available courses. The courses that the user is already enrolled in have a strikethrough. The right-hand box in this section shows the employee's enrolled courses.
4. To add a course to a user's training lineup, select the course from the left-hand box by clicking on the course name. You can select multiple courses by holding the CTRL key, and clicking on the additional courses. Once the courses have been selected, click on the arrow pointing toward the right side of the screen to move these courses into the enrolled courses section.
The process works the same way in reverse. To remove courses from an employee's training lineup simply click the courses you want to remove from the right-hand box, and then click the arrow pointing toward the left side of the screen. This will remove the courses from the enrolled courses section.
5. Once you are satisfied with the employee's lineup of enrolled courses, make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the blue "Update User" button in order to save your changes.