To familiarize new users with the Diagnostics area, as well as how to create and update charts for the practice.
Navigation to Charts
From your practice portal page, click on the image above the “Practice Diagnostics” title. You can also navigate to the Diagnostics area by clicking the “Diagnostics” link on the top right-hand side of the practice portal page.
We have pre-populated the Diagnostics section with the most commonly tracked Key Performance Indicators for general and specialty practices. Take a moment to scroll down the page and examine the charts. Scroll your cursor over any point on a chart to get the exact amount and date.
We have included six additional charts, titled “Placeholder Chart 1-6”. These have been included just in case there are KPIs that you would like to keep for your practice beyond the pre-populated charts we have set up in the ePM Diagnostics area.
To edit a chart click on the “Edit Charts” button on the top right-hand side of the Diagnostics page. You are now inside of the chart editor, and can view the full list of pre-populated charts.
1. Click on the title of the first existing chart.
2. Once inside the chart, you will see a spreadsheet at the top of the page. This is where you’ll input your data. It works similarly to Google Spreadsheet or Excel.
3. Click on any of the boxes within the spreadsheet to change or add dates and numbers. The chart below the spreadsheet will reflect any changes you make in real time.
- Column A contains the months of the year that you will be tracking.
- Row 1 contains the years that you will track, each column under that year accounting for a line on the graph.
4. You can also rename a chart title, as well as edit the short description directly underneath the title.
5. When you have finished inputting all of your practice’s data, and made any changes to the title and description, make sure to click the blue “Update” button on the right-hand side of the page to save all of your changes.
Click on “ePM Diagnostics” on the left-hand side of your dashboard. Scroll your cursor over the chart’s title, and you will see a list of options appear underneath. Click the word “Trash” (in red) to remove that chart and all of its data.
1. If there are multiple charts that you would like to remove, simply click all of the boxes to the left of the chart titles that you would like to delete.
2. Click the “Bulk Actions” menu on the top of the chart list and a drop down menu will appear. Click “Move to Trash”.
3. Now click the “Apply” button to the immediate right of the Bulk Actions menu.
To use one of the Placeholder Charts simply follow the “Editing Charts” instructions laid out above, with the following additional steps before saving your changes (after Step Four).
1. Find the “Categories” box on the right-hand side of the chart editor page (underneath the “Publish” box).
2. Check the small box next to the category that applies to your newly created chart, either Specialty or General Practice.
3. Once the appropriate box has been checked, and all of the other steps completed (in the Editing Charts instructions), click the blue “Update” button.